Damiano Banda 32 has died after taking pesticides at Dimi area in Embangweni in Mzimba.
According to Mzimba police public relations officer Peter Botha,Damiano now deceased in the afternoon of Monday January 8 went to see his girlfriend Lucy Chunga within Embangweni and after a chat he wanted to have carnal knowledge with her but she refused him and told him to bring cash first before they can do sex but the deceased failed to do so and instead he went to Embangweni trading centre and bought the pesticide and went back to his girlfriend at around night and drunk it in her presence and then vanished into the bush.
The woman (girlfriend) reported the matter to deceased’s boss who by the help of community policing members mounted a search and found him at around 9 pm lying down in the bush with foam in the mouth and nose, they rushed with him to Embangweni hospital where he was admitted , unfortunately he died while receiving treatment.
Postmortem conduct at the hospital revealed death was due to suffocation.
The deceased hailed from Kayera village Traditional Authority Chakhadza in Dowa District.
Have your say.Contact us : email@example.com